Get started on your way to making investments with your Alto IRA in just a matter of minutes.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Create an Investor Account
Get started by signing up for an Alto Investor account!
- Go to AltoIRA.com and click “Sign up” in the top right corner. Input your email and password, check the boxes to agree to our terms and click “Open my account”
- You will now need to verify your email address. Go to your email and click the link within the verification email. When you click the link, that will push you back to Alto to continue the process.
- Per the Patriot Act, we are required to verify the identity of all Alto account holders. You will click on the “Begin Verification” button to input your information.
- You can now enable Two Factor Authentication to your account if you would like. If not, just click skip.
- On the next screen, select “Open Alto IRA” on the right-hand side.
- Select your IRA type, review the information and e-sign.
- Input your phone number, review your information and click “Continue”
- Check to make sure your information is correct one last time, scroll down and e-sign your name exactly as it appears in bold below.
- Click “Create my Alto IRA” and you’re done and can begin funding your account! Please see the below support articles to walk you through that process.
Your Alto IRA, regardless of the type of IRA created, will be restricted from completing any investment transactions for the first seven days after creation. However, you'll be able to fund your Alto IRA (link) and commit to an investment (link) during this seven-day waiting period if your account passes our KYC/AML screening. This seven-day waiting period is mandated by the IRS, not Alto.
Keep in Mind: If you have started the cash contribution process, and you decide you'd like to revoke your account, you will need to reach out to your funding source to cancel the contribution. If you are unable to cancel the cash contribution we will have to wait until funds are allocated to your Alto account. Once the funds have been allocated you will have to take a distribution back to your personal bank account which means you may be subject to early withdrawal penalties. The funds must be transferred back to the account from which they were sent. If you are transferring into Alto from another IRA, funds must be sent back to the same IRA.
Create Multiple Investor Accounts
In the event that you'd like to invest in different types of alternative assets that an existing Alto investor account does not support or you'd like to have more than one type of IRA, you can create another investor account by signing up for a new investor account with a different email address than the one that's already associated with your existing investor account.
Note: Each funded investor account that you have with Alto will have its own set of fees.
Next Steps: Fund Your Alto IRA!
Do you have more questions or need additional help with creating and setting up an investor account? Feel free to send us a note to email@example.com or use our Contact Us form to reach our Client Operations Team!