Initiate the transfer of assets process to your new Alto IRA.
To create an Alto account, visit our walkthrough here.
For those who already created an account, it’s time to set up your Alto IRA.
1. To begin, click the Start button next to Step 2. The Alto platform will ask you what type of Alto IRA you would like to open: a Traditional IRA, Roth IRA or SEP IRA. From there, it will take you through a series of questions to help you activate your IRA and transfer funds from an existing retirement account.
2. Once you've answered all of the personal information questions, you'll be prompted to review the details and provide your e-signature.
3. Congratulations! You are the proud new beneficiary of an Alto account.
4. To fund your new Alto IRA, you'll be prompted with the option to transfer funds from an existing IRA or to rollover funds from an existing Qualified 401(k). A walkthrough on how to fund your new Alto IRA with funds from an existing retirement account can be found here: Fund Your Alto IRA.
If you'd like to make a cash contribution instead, select Make a cash contribution from a bank account. You won't have to go through the DocuSign process if you're contributing cash. Find more on the cash contribution process here: Making a Cash Contribution to Your Alto IRA.
5. Once you have completed the DocuSign process and uploaded the necessary supporting documents, we’ll send the Transfer of Assets paperwork to your custodian to initiate the transfer into your new Alto IRA. This process can take a few days, and timelines vary depending on your custodian. While it's not necessary, it always helps if you call your custodian to inform them of the transfer and certify that you initiated it.
6. That’s a wrap on setting up your Alto IRA! We will notify you as soon as we have received your funds.