A step-by-step walkthrough to help you fund your Alto IRA with direct and indirect (60-day) rollovers
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Initiate a Rollover with Your Transferring Custodian
- Contact your Transferring Custodian and request a rollover to your Alto IRA
- Provide the transferring custodian with the following information:
- Your Alto IRA account number and IRA type
- Please make sure the check is made payable to AltoIRA and mailed to the address below:
500 11th Ave N. Suite 790
Nashville, TN 37203
- If you wish to wire funds to Alto for a quicker turnaround, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Wire Instructions Request for a Rollover".
Indirect Rollover Timeline
Since indirect rollovers (withdrawals from 401(k)s that you rollover within 60 days to an Alto IRA) are usually delivered by custodians to clients as a check, please allow ~10 days for the check to arrive at your mailing address, and then include the additional time it will take to mail, or wire funds to Alto.
Cancel a Rollover
If you need to cancel a rollover, then you can cancel it with your transferring custodian. If they've already sent us a check, then contact our support team to let us know to not deposit it in our bank account.