Welcome to Alto, we're so glad you're here!
To invest in KingsCrowd you will first need to create your new Alto IRA account at Altoira.com. From there you'll be ready to set up and fund your Alto IRA, and add a credit card for fees! To learn more about our fees, please check out our pricing page.
You will first need to subscribe on Netcapital and complete the subscription flow using the information outlined in the steps below. Please note that this step is required to reconcile your commitment with your IRA's investment.
1) Login to Netcapital and locate the KingsCrowd offering. Carefully review the deal information and evaluate your own personal criteria. If you decide to invest, you can begin the commitment process by clicking the "Invest" button:
2) Enter your desired investment amount (the minimum investment is $99, and unit price per share $1.80), click "Next", and read through the disclosures. Keep your investment amount in mind-you'll need to enter your commitment amount at Alto as well! Click "Understand" and enter your personal contact information. Please note, this information is distinct from the IRA entity address you will later enter:
3) For the following series of questions, you will need to enter the details of your AltoIRA. Please click "a holding entity or trust" and complete the following related questions. Your entity name will be, for example, "AltoIRA Empire Trust Custodian FBO Firstname Lastname IRA".
The address of your IRA entity will be "1033 Demonbreun Street #300, Nashville, TN 37203":
Enter "45-3083418" as your entity's EIN:
Enter your own personal income, which may impact the amount you can invest in KingsCrowd, and click "Next":
4) It's time to fund! Please select "wire the funds". Alto will execute your investment and wire funds on behalf of your IRA, but that's for a later step!
5) Click "Invest ...in KingsCrowd" to finalize your commitment.
6) Almost there! You've committed your IRA on Netcapital, but it's time to link that investment to your Alto IRA and ensure your account is funded. Access KingsCrowd invite here, and login (or create an account, if you haven't done so already) to link your invitation to your AltoIRA.
Once you've funded your account, you can finalize your commitment by clicking "View" on the invitation and E-Signing your Direction of Investment:
Alto will then execute your investment and transfer funds to Netcapital for your KingsCrowd investment. Don't have an AltoIRA? Check out our walkthrough on creating one here. Need to fund your AltoIRA? We can help with that too.
Feel free to contact Alto's team at (877) 673-1557 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments, and any feedback!