Yes, you can commit to investments on Partnership Platforms before your AltoIRA is fully funded. However, for Alto to execute the investment the full investment amount must be transferred from either your bank or brokerage account and your AltoIRA must be open for at least seven days (per IRS regulation). In some cases, this may occur after the closing date of the investment opportunity. Certain Partnership Platforms understand the complexities of IRA investing and, as a result, don't require the full investment amount until a period of time after the closing date. If you are concerned about missing an investment opportunity due to a funds transfer, it's best to contact an Alto team member by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articles in this section
- How can I fund my AltoIRA account?
- How long will it take for my funds to transfer to Alto from my existing custodian?
- Can I Make an Investment With One Of Alto's Investment Platform Partners Before My IRA is Fully Funded?
- What kind of account can I open with AltoIRA?
- Who initiates the transfer from one custodian to another?
- Will I incur any fees from my custodian to transfer money out of my IRA?
- What documentation is needed to make an investment?
- How much cash can I contribute to my IRA?
- How much can I contribute to a SEP IRA if I am self-employed?
- Can I open an inherited IRA with Alto?