Now that you’ve created an Alto account, it’s time to officially set up your AltoIRA.
1. To begin, click the Start button next to Step 2.
2. Select the type of AltoIRA you would like to create and click Next.
3. Enter your address.
4. And phone number.
5. And date of birth.
6. And, finally, your social security number.
7. Next, review all of your personal information and ensure it is truthful and accurate. Once you have done so, e-sign by typing your name in the Sign Here box and click Create My IRA.
8. Congratulations! You are the proud new beneficiary of an AltoIRA account.
9. To collect payment for Setup Fees, New Investment Fees and Account Maintenance Fees (see more on our pricing here: Alto Pricing), you’ll need to enter your credit card information.
10. Once you've entered your credit card information, we’ll begin the transfer of asset process from the custodian of your choice.
11. To begin, select the type of retirement account that currently holds your funds.
12. Indicate how much money you would like to transfer from that account into your new AltoIRA account.
13. Specify the institution from which you’re transferring money.
14. Review the details and, if they are correct, esign and click Add Funds. If the details aren't correct for any reason, you can click Make Changes.
15. To initiate the transfer from your existing custodian, we’ll need to fax (or in a few rare cases, mail) them a Transfer of Assets form. We use Docusign for this part of the transfer process to ensure the security of your information.
Click Proceed to Docusign to Complete Process.
16. You’ll need to agree to the Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure and click Continue to start the Docusign process.
17. Click Start.
18. Enter the Account Number of the delivering firm (from which you’re transferring your money) and click Next.
19. To create your digital signature, click Sign under your printed name.
20. Make sure your name and initials are correct on the Adopt Your Signature page. You can choose the default signature style or draw your own.
Click Adopt and Sign to place your signature on the Transfer of Assets document.
21. Click Finish.
22. Congratulations, you’ve signed your Transfer of Assets form! You’re almost done. Custodians require a current account statement to be faxed along with the Transfer of Assets form – so let’s upload that now.
24. Select the account statement you would like to upload and, once the document is uploaded successfully, click Submit.
25. That’s a wrap on setting up your AltoIRA!
We’ll send the Transfer of Assets paperwork to your custodian to initiate the transfer into your new AltoIRA. This can take a few days and timelines can vary depending on your custodian. While it's not necessary, it always helps if you call your custodian to inform them of the transfer and certify that you initiated it.
It looks like it's time to make an investment!