To create an AltoIRA account, visit our walkthrough here.
For those who already created an account, it’s time to officially set up your AltoIRA.
1. To begin, click the Start button next to Step 2. The Alto Platform will ask you what type of AltoIRA you would like to open, a Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, or SEP IRA. From there it will walk you through a series of questions to help you activate your IRA and transfer funds from an existing retirement account.
2. Once you've answered all of the personal information questions, you'll be prompted to review the details + provide your e-signature.
3. Congratulations! You are the proud new beneficiary of an AltoIRA account.
4. To fund your new AltoIRA you'll be prompted with the option to transfer funds from an existing IRA, or rollover funds from an existing Qualified 401(k). A walk through on how to fund your new AltoIRA with funds from an existing retirement account can be found here: Fund Your AltoIRA.
If you'd like to make a cash contribution instead, just select the "Make a cash contribution from a bank account" option. You won't have to go through the Docusign process if you're contributing cash. More on the cash contribution process here: Making a Cash Contribution to Your AltoIRA.
5. Once you have completed the Docusign and uploaded the necessary supporting documents, we’ll send the Transfer of Assets paperwork to your custodian to initiate the transfer into your new AltoIRA. This can take a few days and timelines can vary depending on your custodian. While it's not necessary, it always helps if you call your custodian to inform them of the transfer and certify that you initiated it.
6. That’s a wrap on setting up your AltoIRA! We will notify you as soon as we have received your funds.