Now that you’ve created an Alto account, it’s time to officially set up your AltoIRA.
1. To begin, click the Start button next to Step 2. The Alto Platform will walk you through a series of questions to help you activate your IRA and transfer funds from an existing retirement account.
2. Once you've answered all of the personal information questions, you'll be prompted to review the details + provide your e-signature.
3. Congratulations! You are the proud new beneficiary of an AltoIRA account.
4. To collect payment for Account Setup Fees, Transaction Fees, and Annual Asset Reporting Fees (see more on our pricing here: Alto Pricing), you’ll need to enter your credit card information. We don't believe in diminishing your IRA balance with fees, so we collect them 100% from your credit card. Once entered, click the Next button.
5. Once you've entered your credit card information, we’ll begin the "Fund My AltoIRA" process from your current custodian. The platform will walk you through the necessary questions before helping you execute your transfer paperwork using Docusign.
If you'd like to make a cash contribution instead, just select the "Make a cash contribution from a bank account" option. You won't have to go through the Docusign process if you're contributing cash. More on the cash contribution process here: Making a Cash Contribution to Your AltoIRA.
6. Once you have completed the Docusign and uploaded the necessary supporting documents, we’ll send the Transfer of Assets paperwork to your custodian to initiate the transfer into your new AltoIRA. This can take a few days and timelines can vary depending on your custodian. While it's not necessary, it always helps if you call your custodian to inform them of the transfer and certify that you initiated it.
7. That’s a wrap on setting up your AltoIRA! We will notify you as soon as we have received your funds.