After you create a new IRA, the IRS imposes a 7 day grace period before you are able to fund an investment from that IRA. Establishing an account ahead of time ensures you’re ready to make an investment at any time. Once your funds are in your AltoIRA account, investments can be funded within three business days.
Articles in this section
- What is The Alternative IRA™?
- Do I need to be an Accredited Investor to sign up?
- What makes Alto my best option?
- What is the difference between a “traditional" IRA and a "self-directed" IRA?
- What are the fees associated with an AltoIRA account?
- What is an alternative asset investment?
- What types of IRA accounts does Alto administer?
- How quickly can I fund my investment?
- Which types of IRAs does AltoIRA administer?
- What are the tax benefits to using an AltoIRA?