In the context of IRA investing, an alternative asset investment is any asset that’s not publicly-traded and therefore illiquid. A few examples of alternative asset investments are private companies, real estate, and cryptocurrencies.
Articles in this section
- What is an AltoIRA?
- Do I need to be an Accredited Investor to sign up?
- What makes Alto my best option?
- What is the difference between a “self-directed IRA” and a “regular” IRA?
- What are the fees associated with my AltoIRA account?
- What is an alternative asset investment?
- What type of account is best for me to open?
- How quickly can I fund my investment?
- Which types of IRAs does AltoIRA administer?
- Are there any tax benefits to using Alto?