As an issuer, you'll have to create an offering and invite investors to it.
Are you an issuer new to the Alto platform? If yes, then this walkthrough is for you. In just a few minutes, you can create an issuer account, make your first offering and start accepting investments from investors with Alto IRAs.
1. Start by clicking the Get Started button in the top right corner of the Alto home page.
2. Indicate that you are an Issuer from the Alto Account Type drop-down menu, and proceed to enter the rest of your information. If you are a member of — or acting on behalf of — a company issuing a security, please select Issuer / Seller Type > Corporate. If you are an individual issuing a promissory note, loan, secondary sale of a security or the facilitation of your IRA's investment into a Checkbook vehicle, please select Issuer / Seller Type > Individual.
3. Open the E-SIGN Consent form. Once you have read the E-SIGN Consent in its entirety and you agree to Alto's terms, please click I Agree.
5. Congrats! You now have an Alto Issuer account. The Alto platform will automatically take you to the Offering Summary page, where you will be able to create your first offering. If you are ready to do so, you can start by clicking Create New Offering. If not, don't worry; you can return later to create an offering. You'll end up back on this page the next time you sign in.
6. After clicking Create New Offering, enter all of your company and offering information. Once you've entered all the information and double-checked it, click Create Offering.
7. You've just created your first offering! Now it's time to upload your deal documents. If you have these ready, you can upload them now. If not, you can skip this step for now using the Skip / Add Investor button at the top of the screen.
8. Now, you're on the Offering page. Before inviting your Investors, please take the time to enter your Bank Info so we know where to send investors' funds. We won't be able to execute an investment until you provide these details.
9. Finally, no offering is complete without participants. So, click the Add New Investor button to invite investors individually by email or use the Generate URL button to create a unique URL that you can share with your investors. Anyone who uses that link to sign up or sign in to Alto will automatically be added to the offering for your approval.
10. If you are inviting investors one at a time by email, enter the Investor's Name, Investor's Email and Investment Amount (as well as Minimum / Maximum, if applicable). When you've verified the details, click Send Invitation. This will send an email to the investor inviting them to participate in your offering. If they already have an Alto account, they'll just be able to log in and accept. If they don't yet have an Alto IRA, they will be prompted to Get Started with one!
11. And that's a wrap! You've created your new offering and invited your first investor. Your offering will now show up on your dashboard. From here, you can click Add New Investor to invite additional investors to participate in your deal.